CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quandry??


So in a couple of weeks the family plans to head south to sunny California for some much deserved r&r. One of the events we're excited about is going to an Angles game with my Brother-in-laws sweet behind the plate, front row, get on t.v. seats. At least I was until I was doing some reading out of one of my favorite books the other night when I came upon a passage that left me as perplexed as the author Ted L. Nancy. Below I'm copying a page from his writtings in hopes of gathering suggestions or thoughts that you may have to prepare me for my upcomming visit to Angel Stadium.
"Mr. Albert Meyer, President
American Seating Company
Dear Mr. Mayer: I was refered to you because I understand you manufacture stadium and arena seating. My question:
When entering or exiting a seat in a stadium which is the proper side to face the person sitting down? Rear to them or croth to them?
I am always at a quandry when this problem comes up. To hence: last week at a sporting event I had to leave my seat. There were a row of people - ALL FROM THE SAME FAMILY - that were sitting down the row. I exited my seat, stood up and faced away from this family. Then I moved down the row realizing my buttocks were not 2" from this whole guy's family. I had shown an entire family my rear end! But then again if I had turned around and moved down the isle THAT WAY, wouldn't that be worse?
Stadium seating is the only situation in life where you can show whole rows of people your butt or crotch. And it's acceptable!
Can something be done about this seating? Should the rows be changed? I suggest a single row straight up to the top. You walk into the stadium and simply find your seat number and go up until you get it.
Question: Is there a gracious way to exit?
Thank you sir for your response.
Ted L. Nancy"

7 comments:

mamapickle said...

well your rear will be in their faces so I am pretty sure they will stand up to avoid the contact :)

Mary Perriton said...

I remember thumbing through that book at your house. It is pretty hilarious! Love, Mom

Nanci said...

If the people next to you are being rude or obnoxious then you could rip one and then exit with your buttocks to their faces! Just a suggestion.

Dan Larsen said...

I think you may have shed some light into a possible explanation as to the results of this report.

Dan Larsen said...

http://www.portfolio.com/interactive-features/2008/05/Foul-Ballpark

Alana, Brian, Hailey & Dakota said...

I didn't know you could read!

Cazier Craziness said...

At the show this weekend, Neal got up to go get a drink of water and when he exited, he led with his butt in the nice couples face who was sitting next to us. Watching this happen I couldn't help but laugh because I had read this post before we had left. I am sorry, but I can appreciate a man's butt in my face rather than YOU KNOW! Gross and Graphic, but true. Keep that in mind when you exit for a hot dog. P.S. I have a lot of time on my hands, send this book my way.